There is no standard process or method in a majority of Ms windows operating-system for security password defending information files or folders that contain personal and delicate information; older operating-system may degree of third-party application application to allow security password security of information files and folders.
Some of the newer Ms windows operating-system may shield you of individual information files with a password; customers can accessibility the Help selection on the PC or laptop to allow this selection.
However there are a few tried and examined techniques for defense of folders information files. Using the Encrypting Data file System (EFS), user can set authorizations by personally specifying who can have accessibility to the folders, or cover up them from view. Based on the characteristics of the information files or folders to be secured, ‘encryption’ is a less risky option while ‘hiding’ does not assurance full security.
Creating a security password secured directory where all the information files containing delicate information can sit needs use of at least some third-party application. A quick batch-script also provides a nice way of concealing information files but this cannot cover up the information from anyone who knows information regarding system and file discussing.
There are two kinds of information files and folders which need security.
1. Files and folders not regularly used
2. Files and folders utilized or used frequently
For the first type, one of the easiest techniques is to use a “compression utility” like WIN or RAR to pack the directory information files and then protect the compacted directory or file with a security password. However, a record of the information files in the compacted directory can still be viewed; to improve security and avoid file titles and directory content from being seen moving all information files into a single compacted directory and security password defending the directory may help.
This needs “uncompressing” and getting the information files using the security password every time they are needed to be proved helpful on.
In the second type, if there is a need for information files and folders that are usually utilized or used to be security password secured or secured, then the need for a third-party application application that are either free or paid for occurs. There are many extensive applications offering secured security that can be bought off-the-shelf.
A pressure application function is available in newer and current operating-system which allow pressure and security password security for information files. However, the hard drive must be in a NTFS structure and not a FAT32.
Points to Remember
1. There is no 100% security assurance for information files and folders considering the numbers of guidelines, resources and resources that are available to break into secured or security password secured information. Unless the information is extremely delicate in characteristics, these pressure and security techniques offer some protection; otherwise a from the commercial perspective available application product should be decided for.
2. It is necessary to take a back-up of all folders, even ones secured by security password to avoid them from being unintentionally removed. Some programs, not all, support the protection of removal of security password secured folders.
3. In the event of a security password being neglected, all the information is lost. In this case, unless a back-up has already been made of the non-password secured directory, there is no wish of accessing information. Unless, of course, the services of a professional code-breaker or cyberpunk is used!